The punchlist grows with ever pressing details of things to get done for the house to become a home. Today, for example, I find myself running down to IKEA where they have an assortment of butcher block style counter tops. We will be putting one on the island in the kitchen. It’s these onesy-twosy type items that keep me running. Whether its painting and staining, getting all the ducks in a row for the propane tank installation, or caring for a new puppy, I’m working some really full days right now. I lost 10 pounds over the course of this past month alone!
Well, there is so much going on that I though the best way to sum it all up punchlist style. So here it is:
– Flooring, arrived. Front half of 1st floor installed. Back half this week, 2nd floor, Tim’s side also this week.
– Mudding and taping finishing up the 2nd floor
– Painting all done on first floor and in Tim’s master bedroom suite side of the second floor (at least the white coat of paint…colors later)
– Front door, installed and stained (hunter green of course!)
– Cabinetry, moving up to the house today, installation this week
– Septic drain field in, not covered yet though. Septic tank not in…need heavier equipment…such a saga!
– Propane tank… Hole is dug (it goes underground) Installation this week we hope
– First Floor inside doors installed this week
– Barn cats released from cages, 1st mouse caught! Soon they get released outside…
– Maximo vaccinated and peeing outside (well most of the time…my bad when he goes inside the yurt.)
Glenn is joining me for a good portion of this week, so we should be able to power through most of the projects we have. The countdown is on though! We are down to mere weeks before the move-in! Exhaustion usurps excitement right now, but every so often I walk down pasture and look back and smile… we are getting there! Enjoy the photo album for this week!